Low-Voltage HCS12 Controller Module with MC9S12E128
LVCS12 is an easy applicable, credit card-sized Controller Module, based on the 16-bit microcontroller family HCS12 by Motorola. The LVCS12 module provides an easy way to evaluate the microcontroller. It is a versatile tool for rapid prototyping and a very cost-effective, off-the-shelf solution for low- and mid-volume series applications.
The LVCS12 can be operated within a wide supply range from 3 to 5 volts. It is equipped with a powerful MC9S12E128 microcontroller unit (MCU) supporting bus clocks up to 25MHz. The device contains the 16-bit HCS12 CPU, 128KB of Flash memory, 8KB RAM and a large number of peripheral function blocks, such as SCI (3x), SPI, IIC, Timer, PWM, ADC, DAC and General-Purpose-I/Os.
RTC, EEPROM & DAC included
LVCS12 is equipped with a software-trimmable, high-accuracy real time clock. It provides time of day, calendar and alarm functions as well as automatic switch-over to a backup battery in case of a loss of main supply. The backup battery (3V LiMn cell) is mounted on-board.
Since the MC9S12E-series MCUs are not equipped with EEPROM, a serial memory device was added to provide 16 Kbit non-volatile memory space.
The two DAC outputs of the MCU can only drive very light loads. Therefore, each channel is equipped with an external operational amplifier in voltage follower configuration.
TwinPEEKs Monitor Program
Each LVCS12 controller module is equipped with a special version of our TwinPEEKs monitor software, which allows easy download and programming of Flash Memory - without needing additional hardware tools!
The monitor code resides in a write-protected Flash boot block (only 4KB). It can not be erased unintentionally.
The assembly language source code of TwinPEEKs is available on request.
LVCS12 is equipped with a standard 6-pin BDM interface for in-system programming and debugging.
The Background Debug Mode (BDM) of the HC12/HCS12 MCUs provides a convenient way for debugging and in-system programming. We are offering a complete range of cost-effective HCS12 development tools, including ComPOD12/StarProg, NoICE12 Remote Debugger and ICC12 ANSI-C Compiler.
- MC9S12E128 MCU with LQFP112 package
- HCS12 16-bit CPU, uses same programming model and command set as the HC12
- 14.7456 MHz crystal clock, up to 25 MHz bus clock using PLL
- 128KB Flash
- 8KB RAM
- 3x SCI - asynch. serial interface (suitable for RS232, LIN, etc.)
- 1x SPI - synch. serial interface
- 1x IIC - Inter-IC-Bus
- 12x 16-Bit Timer (Input Capture/Output Compare)
- 12x PWM (Pulse Width Modulator)
- 16-channel 10-bit A/D-Converter
- 2-channel 8-bit D/A-Converter
- Integrated LVI-circuit (reset controller)
- BDM - Background Debug Mode Interface with standard 6-pin connector available for download & debugging
- two serial interfaces equipped with RS232 transceiver (e.g. for PC connection)
- 3rd serial port available with TTL level
- Real Time Clock (RTC) provides time, calendar and alarm functions; accuracy can be further increased by software calibration, 3V LiMn battery-buffered
- 256 kbit Serial EEPROM
- DAC channels equipped with output amplifier (rail-to-rail opamp)
- Reset Button
- up to 87 free general-purpose I/Os
- all I/O-signals signals brought out on header connectors
- 3V..5V operating voltage, current consumption 50 mA typ.
- Mech. Dimensions: 2.1" x 3.4"
- Controller Module with MC9S12E128
- TwinPEEKs Monitor Program resides in the MCU's Flash Memory
- RS232 cable (Sub-D9)
- Two 50pin connectors + power connector
- LVCS12 hardware manual (PDF)
- Assembler, programming tools, collection of data sheets (device guides, application notes), C Compiler demo version and much more on CD-ROM
Letzte Änderung: 2014-02-08