Mini Development Board as USB Stick with Atmel AT90USB162
Compact USB Development Tool
AT90USB Plug is a mini development board which comes in the shape of an USB stick. The tiny development tool has an USB type A plug and is populated with a AT90USB162 mikrocontroller. This device, which belongs to the AVR family from Atmel (meanwhile acquired by Microchip), has become very popular by the Teensy project. The chip can be programmed directly via USB. The integrated boot loader is activated by setting a jumper on board of the AT90USB Plug.
Numerous Fields of Application
All GPIO signals of the AT90USB162 can be accessed on solder pads arranged in a 2.54mm grid. Typically, power to the AT90USB Plug is supplied over USB. However, for both program download and power supply, a 6-pin ISP connector can also be uitilized. For this option, a suitable programming adapter will be required (e.g. AVR-ISP500).
Typical applications for this board include:
- provide digital I/O ports to control PC peripherals over USB
- USB interface converter
- software security dongle
- digital passport for user identification / authentification
- password storage
Download over USB using FLIP
Atmel's AT90USB series of microcontrollers offers an integrated boot loader firmware which can be used to program the devices over USB without any additional hardware. For the PC side, a software called FLIP (FLexible In-system Programmer) can be downloaded free of charge from Atmel. FLIP is available for Windows and Linux platforms.
The following steps need to be carried out in order to establish boot loader mode, allowing program downloads with FLIP:
- disconnect from USB
- set the Boot jumper
- plug into USB
- set the Reset jumper and remove it again
- start download with FLIP
- Atmel AT90USB162 microcontroller
- 16kB Flash, 512 Byte RAM, 512 Byte EEPROM
- integrated boot loader function (activated by jumper setting)
- Full Speed USB2.0 (device) connection
- 16MHz xtal
- 2 status LEDs
- all I/O signals of the microcontroller can be accessed
- 6-pin ISP connector
- power supply over USB
- dimensions of PCB: 62mm x 17mm (incl. USB connector)
- overall dimensions: 84mm x 21mm x 12mm (incl. cap)
AT90USB Plug mit AT90USB162, transpar. Kunststoffgehäuse
Angebot freibleibend, Irrtum und Änderung vorbehalten. Diese gewerbliche Offerte richtet sich nicht an Verbraucher i.S.d. §13 BGB.
Letzte Änderung: 2020-05-06